Our original Road Edition set the bar high for the last several years. So we were challenged on how to improve it.
Right away, we ditched the large battery pack. This is all internal, self-contained, USB-C rechargeable, and slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Then we fine-tuned the heck out of the beam pattern. Extremely smooth and progressive light field from the front of your tire all the way to where you are looking. We also added side marker lights to help with visibility from the side, much like on cars.
We've incorporated our quick-release fiberglass-reinforced nylon mount that we, ahem, “borrowed” from those clever camera guys to keep everything pointing in the right direction and easy to put on and take off with one hand.
We do have a custom mount solution to fit underneath most bike computers for that clean and tucked look: Quick Release Action Camera Adapter
Proudly and capably made just down the road in Chicago IL.
- Mounting Location: Handlebar
Mount Options: Comes with 31.6mm and 35mm. 22.2mm and 25.4 are available.
Application: Front Bike Light for Road/Gravel and commuting
- Runtime: (see runtime charts)
Charging: USB-C with Pass-Thru Charging (0 to 80% in 2 hours)
- Lumens: Approximately 1200
Battery Capacity: 3.6V 5000mah (18.0 Wh)
- Weight: Lighthead = 150g, Quick Release Mount = 36g
After 16 hours pre-dawn riding, a review:
- Exudes quality.
- Goldilocks size.
- Appears to “serve the purpose”.
- Range? Plenty.
- Wide for situational awareness.
- Flat top: we need this. A win.
- Distant road signs show well.
Controls and Indicators:
- Mercifully simple.
- Stroke of genius.
- Supplied cord: da bomb.
- 2-1/2 h. ride on “Hi” using pass-thru 10,000 mAh Anker power bank: internal battery remains charged fully.
- Strong, rigid, easy-to-install.
- Hint: w/ Q-tip, apply micro qty. lip balm to mating surfaces… Effortless R&R.
Retailer (Ottalaus = “fearless”):
- Exceptional service.
- Good communicator.
- My new #1.
From Larry in Victoria, BC.
Thanks for the kind words and break down of the light. It appears your review has not displayed properly as seen above. Maybe we can try again to get it to display as intended.
OUTBOUND LIGHTING Detour Road and Gravel Light